Writer's Block Already!

7 minutes since the first 'Draft autosaved' notification showed up. The Internet's way of hurrying me up. Clones all! It would be flattering if Blogger was actually auto-saving a brilliant post that’s going to revolutionize (or ruin) your mindset. But when someone thinks they're doing you a favour by saving spreads of spotless white, let’s just say it’s more of a dampener than not.
 



Ever had conversations with your Mum where she goes "What's that thing anyway?" Yeah. Well, in this household, when the mother goes "What's this?" it’s usually something gadget related. And usually something so elementary, that even I can answer it. I always knew there was a reason I have a dabba-illiterate mother. To make me feel like a citizen of the New World and shit. I love her! Gotta drop the "and shit".

Coming back to the point - We had a "What's a blog?" conversation when I first started blogging. I felt the need to play my part, come up with "Oh just this place online where you go write". Blank look. Reply deemed unsatisfactory. I then outlined food blogs (first thing that came to mind, to be honest), tech blogs (last thing I'd want to be doing - honest!), those delightful all inclusive, nothing-better-to-do blogs. Also let in that I'd probably land up doing something along the lines of the last bit, which I did. Twice. Polite interest. Earnt myself a "You should blog". Smiley all. End topic.

The pointier point being - When you're reading someone else’s blog, NBTD posts are often fun. Kinda like leafing through a Mills & Boons publication. Had you hooked? Lucky you, you found the needle in the haystack! If not – koi gal nahi, it barely took you any time anyway. But when it’s your own blog… ah. You know you can come up with better gibberish, but see, writers' block. Convenient thing, that. Ditto hormones.

I’m not always sure I want to go over what I’ve written. It could be babble. It could be worse. Perhaps even a drug to induce permanent writer's block. I don’t know. It may or may not appeal to you but really, I read someplace that such stuff is delightful.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...