It Isn't Just Me

I've spent the last day or so reading blogs created by friends and classmates. And I've loved every moment of it.

Even though the blog was a college assignment and therefore not optional, even the most reluctant of the lot have written about matters close to their hearts. I speak of things we connect to for that is what we know. It's amazing how their posts are throwing up anecdotes and opinions I probably wouldn't have known otherwise. 

He's probably my closest friend at college but it never occurred to me to ask Ketan how he first got into photography. 

Next up, accessories! I can admire them but honestly, I never know what to do with them. Neha put up close to a dozen posts about accessories and she actually had me reading! 

We all have this moment of awakening (or spark of rebellion =| ) as a result of which we decide to think for ourselves. We decide what we want, what we believe, what we aspire to be and what we respect. Sanchayan took the last and whipped up a beautiful series of posts. I'll admit I expected him to write about Man U and football, his choice of topic came as a surprise. 

Then there was Malavika's blog. I kid you not when I say I respect the girl. Anecdotes and opinions definitely put in a show when she talks of music, I'm glad they do.

Ninad killed it. His posts are a pleasure to read.
  
Anandita's theme was reminiscent  of the "South India has 4 states! All South Indians aren't Mallus!" tirade she and Malavika would launch into during our IV to Kerala this August =)

Anku's blog again was sincere. He takes a sight/event and talks about his perception and/or the inspiration he draws from it. Most of us would get too caught up in the profundity of what we're trying to say. Chances are we'd become incoherent even as we seek eloquence. He doesn't. 


I've read only a small fraction of the 66 other blogs our class has put up. I've mentioned some blogs that I hope will show up on my Reading List even after.


On a personal note, this collective blog chaos --the entire semester of Creative Writing, really-- has been a lesson in humility. I'm no more the only person who blogs. Somewhere there's a hint of insecurity creeping in; I need a new identity, stat! =P I'm aware that some of those who were previously considered "non-writers" by the class for reasons as obtuse as "He doesn't write, that probably means he can't" are actually doing a kickass job of it, often better than me. But it's great to read good stuff, particularly when it's put up by people you know and like. Odd as it sounds, it's inspiring.

These three months have also taught me to share what I write without feeling like I'm enforcing some sort of obligation (?) on the other person to read. I'm learning how to accept compliments gracefully (Note: I'm still learning so do pardon my awkwardness) and I'm learning how to let constructive criticism be just that, constructive. 
I think I owe someone some sincere gratitude.

And going by my past record, for a single post, that's one confession too many. I'm outta here. *scurries away*

2 comments:

Fuming Plume said...

I hear ya. Keep writing.

Shweta said...

Thank you for stopping to comment. What and how far I ought to take at face value I don't know. So many possible subtexts.. Keep writing I will :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...