Dear Lethargy, RIP.

Dear Lethargy,

We've been friends for close to two decades now. And what a friend! What decades! What a combination, goddamn it! My mind's tear glossed eyes see replays of the times we walked hand in hand, strolling through the park and picking berries. Okay, so that was a lie. The berries never did quite make a show. You never even moved off your lazy behind, goddamn it! As for the tears… Still. The innocence. The heartfelt disregard for the rats that raced. Excuse me while I mop up this teary mess...

Remember the times when deadlines flew by and all we cared for was to hear a resounding "whoosh!" and see the back of them? When Monday came and Sunday went but everything, from bread to bath water remained unchanged? When the family was forced to watch B grade movies at theatres because the other booking counters were too far away? When the bed first developed persistent depressions and consequent lumps?  When the birds overdid the mango tree loot because we chose to be generous and laidback? And lethargic, heehee. Sorry.

Some would call us 'chaddi buddies', some 'langotiya yaars' and some... the thesaurus is restricted to English, I apologize. Essence being, you've been as faithful a companion as I could ever have wished for. Not once have I felt the slightest trace of treachery or abandonment. You were loyal. You were there. True blue Liverpool style. True red. Meh.

But now... but now! But NOW!!


Okay, cut. So I don’t have it in me to script filmy dramas. Chances are I wouldn’t be able to execute the mandatory triple-take followed by “Magar aur nahi... main yeh zulm, yeh bojh, yeh nainsaafi bardaasht nahi kar sakti!" either. System overload is for real.


Here’s to a new beginning. A beginning with great focus on recycling, mind you. I write today in the hope that more readable posts will follow.



Lethargy, you sucker, take that ^ ! 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...